Win! 10 Copies Of DmC Devil May Cry (Xbox 360 Or PS3). Plus: T-Shirts!

To celebrate the launch of DmC Devil May Cry, Kotaku and Capcom are giving 10 readers a console copy of the game along with a swanky DmC tee. In total, 5x 360 and 5x PS3 copies are up for grabs, so be sure to let us know which camp you're in. Here’s how to enter...

DmC Devil May Cry retains that stylish and fluid combat we know-and-love, and this retelling of Dante’s origin story is just as brutal and over-the-top. There are all-new weapons, enemies, storyline and combos. Speaking of which...

How To Enter

Simply tell us in the comments about your real life combos. Time and effort-saving habits or tricks you use throughout the day. Maybe your morning ritual sees you start the toaster with your left hand, fire up Spotify on your phone with your right hand, before taking three steps to the shower to avoid your housemate stealing your turn. What half-demon moves you got?
• You must also be a registered Kotaku Australia member. Not a member? Register here.

Entries close at 10am next Monday 21st January Full terms and conditions

Good luck!

Comments

I guess brushing my teeth in the shower, that and shaving in the shower

Reduces the time it takes me to get ready when I need to be on a train at 6 am

Having my train ticket ready in my breast pocket before getting to the ticket gates

Reading Kotaku on one window and working in the other is good too

Edit* Xbox camp here :)

Last edited 16/01/13 11:49 am

Simultaneously trying to think up of a good, unique entry whilst reading the other excellent entries in the comments that put my ideas to shame, while also trying to consider what the judge will like and who the judge is (I'm going to assume it's Junglist) because last time he was at Kotaku he gave me runner up for a competition so I need to consider what type of entries he likes and try to write one that's good enough while also considering whether my assumption that it's Junglist is right, oh god... what if there's more than one judge, I need to consider what will be universally liked by them all while also trying to decide which console I'd like it on and whether saying "I don't mind, either console is fine since I have both" will actually hurt my entry, but on the other hand it might help it since the judge(s) can give me whatever copy they have spare but... what if they're only looking at single console entries!?, but then it's also not just about which console I'd like to play it on but which console seems to be the most picked by other commenters (so I can give myself an extra advantage if I pick the less chosen camp) so... uh... um... PS3 camp for me please! I'm also not just thinking about the competition though as while doing all of this I'm also deciding what I should have for lunch and whether I should have a late breakfast and late lunch, just combine it into one big lunch or should I eat some snacks now before lunch because I've had this packet of peanut M&Ms sitting here for months and I'm pretty sure they're a melted mess by now and I really need to get rid of them... BUT THEN BACK TO THE COMPETITION... I'm also thinking about whether this approach is good enough, is it too long? will people actually read it? is it unique? I don't want to anger the judge(s) with too much mindless drivel and hopefully no one else has done it while I've been doing it, is this even a valid entry? technically it's still combing and multi-tasking just all in my mind. You see, most people have done physical stuff while I'm focusing on the mental side, I guess this makes it unique, but how's the execution? Is it good enough? OH MY GOD *explode*

Last edited 16/01/13 11:48 am

Reading Kotaku on my phone while looking productive at my desk at work.

showering and having a beer, xbox prease

Last edited 16/01/13 3:13 pm

THE BEST.

I always forget and end up leaving the beer in the shower, then in the morning when I'm hungover I'm too scared of the shower beer to go into the bathroom :(

Some games I've actually learned to play with one hand (Dota 2, Tales Series and Street Fighter to name a few) so I can eat with the other hand, where as normally I wouldn't because I hate getting grease, crumbs, sauce etc. on my equipment. Works well.
    PS3 Camp for me

put toast/coffee to cook -> toilet/teeth brushing continued in the shower -> walking to bus stop/listening to music/radio -> on a bus: reading/news/work emails/personal emails -> at work replying to emails I read on the bus..... 8:30 and Im K.O. :)

reading this over sounds like my morning life is extremely boring errrrr

I can tap my head and rub my tummy if that counts.

EDIT Xbox plz

Last edited 16/01/13 12:02 pm

exploring Pikmin 2 (Wii Version) caves While watching Something else with subtitles

PS3 Please

Last edited 16/01/13 12:00 pm

When I wake up to my iPhone docking alarm clock, I like to check how the downloads I set before sleeping.

My download PC is downstairs connected to a TV. To save myself time, I VNC from my iPhone while still waking up in bed. It saves me about 5 crucial morning minutes.

*edit* PS3!

Last edited 16/01/13 12:00 pm

preparing lunch meal for work and toast for breakfast in the same time.
    watching movie on laptop while installing game data or update on PS3.
    the most important daily task : browsing + reading Kotaku articles while doing my job! new knowledge + job done!

PS3 please :)

I have the luxury of two monitors at work, so I often have my Outlook open on one screen, with a video streaming service on the other. I managed to coherently watch the complete season 1 and 2 of Shameless (US) in three and a half work days while maintaining my emails and other workload with this method. :)

Occasionally I have to use my iPad for web searches while on the phone to a client while referring to an email on my PC, all the while watching my videos on the other monitor. Who says men can't multi-task?

I think I'd Xbox this one. the old 80GB PS3 is a little worse for wear these days. but if push comes to shove, I'll take either :D

Last edited 16/01/13 12:06 pm

When I get to work I log into My PC and then head to the break room to turn on the coffee machine and use the warm up time to grab a glass and pour some milk. Once the machine is ready I get it started making the coffee while I drink the milk. The coffee and the milk are done at the same time so I sugar it and stir the coffee while I grab a couple of yo-yo's, then I head to my desk to get started. Breakfast, coffee and starting work all in about 5 minutes.

(X-Box)

Stating that I dislike this game and what they did with the series, whilst also entering a competition.

Showering and reading Kotaku every morning with my phone while avoiding water splashing to my phone.

I use my feet all the time. I'll open the fridge door with my right foot, whilst my left hand holds a huge glass of milo, then I'll pick up the milk in my right hand & pour. I also use my foot to hit the power button on my surge protector (which is inconveniently squeezed behind the tv) then I hit the xbox logo on my controller with whatever hand I'm holding it in. It can look a bit unco at times but it works. -xbox camp-

Right hand operates mouse, opens Kotaku notifications, types in TAY. Right eye scans notifications, other eye closed for concentration. Left thumb and little finger ready to ALT-TAB to pre-loaded Excel spreadsheet. Headphone over left ear pumping music. Right ear listening for footsteps.

Edit: 360 please.

Last edited 16/01/13 12:08 pm

My morning ritual is to shower, eat breakfast, have my coffee, read the paper, brush my teeth, wash the dishes and then head to work.

So I grab my coffee, prop the newspaper against the showerscreen, put a dollop of toothpaste on the back of my hand holding the mug, pour my cereal into my cup of coffee and drink/eat it in the shower as I read the paper through the glass. When the mug is empty, I lick the toothpaste off my hand and use it as mouthwash with water from the shower, then rinse my cup in the shower before getting out.

S Rank Combo. (xbox pls)

Reading work email (Square, square, circle) into Headdesk (Triangle) which launches me into Coffee Machine (mash L2 and R2 repeatedly) to finish with Rage Dump (Hold triangle and circle similtaneously).

Combo rating: SSS -Seriously Sad Supervisor

PS3 Please!

Xbox.

On the Wii U Pad I can play Mario between waiting for DayZ to load. I might interchange the Wii U with the 3DS (and then it's Theathrythym).

Due to having a baby. Left hand frantically trying to rip off dirty nappy while right hand grabs another nappy right foot reaches into the drawer to grab a change of clothes for the munchkin all the while i have one of those beer caps with straws on my head connected to a coffee which leads to my mouth.

doubt i will win but PS3 please.

On the couch Reading Kotaku/gizmodo on my tablet, while watching monkey magic on the TV, and painting my 40k army all the while sipping on a brilliant 19yr old single malt scotch. with the occasional "yes babe, i am listening to you".
    (this is pretty much every afternoon for the last 2 weeks)

((Xbox here))

Last edited 16/01/13 12:24 pm

Sitting on couch with Laptop open in front of me (on Kotaku of course), Halo 4 on the TV with the cricket on PIP in the corner (muted with the radio on because the commentary is so much better), occasionally flicking through facebook on the iphone during respawn waits.

Having an uproductive day as efficiently as possible.

I find that my defensive Pint of Beer/Glass of Water combo works wonders. This does cause an increase in toilet breaks but the reduction in the cumulative DoT of the Beer definitely outweighs this negative. -PS3

Changing my 2yo and 3 months old nappies at the same time while on the phone to the wife. Ps3 :)

When I'm on the phone leaving a message for a customer I have another window open inserting thier particulars into an email and another window open doing the same for an SMS.

Rank: Dirty