Slated to arrive next year, Elder Games' Meridian: New World is already looking great. Especially for a one-man game.
Meridian is described as a singleplayer Sci-Fi RTS with a focus on storytelling and careful strategising. Your in-game avatar, Commander Daniel Hanson, leads the very first expedition to the alien planet of Meridian, to explore the "dark secrets" it holds. Some don't take kindly to the planet's dark secrets being poked at, so appropriately enough, war ensues. Here's a list of features from the developer himself:
- Traditional RTS gameplay with a focus on strategy - the forceful approach rarely works
- Experience a world of choices where every decision has an impact on the world around you
- Use the right tool to get the job done: equip your units with 15 different weapons
- Gain XP during battle and upgrade your commander profile with special combat abilities
- Get to know the people on board your ship: by talking to them, you influence the crew's behaviour
- The level editor and scripting tool used to build the campaign will be available upon release
- Never run out of maps with the in-game custom map downloader and official levels made available frequently after the game's release
Meridian: New World will be released on PC in the second quarter of 2014. You can check out a few screenies below.
Meridian: New World [Mod DB]