A joint study conducted by GameSpot and the Internet Advertising Bureau has found that, on the whole, Britons don't mind a bit of in-game advertising. So long as it's "contextual and realistic". Of the 3575 gamers polled, 40% said that advertising added a dash of realism to the game, 14% said it ruined the experience and the rest said they couldn't give a fig. Most worrying statistic? Only 63.7% of respondents thought that a character drinking a Red Bull to recharge was advertising. For the remaining 36.3%, I'll give you a hint. Yes. That is advertising. Report: Gamers don't mind advertising [GameSpot UK]
Study Finds Brits Don't Mind In-Game Advertising
Trending Stories Right Now
Top Gaming People Say Streaming That Frees High-End Games From Requiring High-End Hardware Is The Next Big Thing
Whenever I’ve interviewed a games industry executive over the past few months, I’ve asked them what single thing will revolutionise video games in the next five years.
Today, intrepid Destiny players uncovered a hidden mission that appeared during an otherwise ordinary patrol event. After a few hours of widespread experimentation and failure, a group completed the challenge, unlocking a powerful weapon that’ll be familiar to anyone who played the first Destiny.