Last week, we learned Halo 3 had sold five million copies. Using some simple math (ie looking at that figure compared to global 360 sales), we figured the game had a healthy attach rate. Our math was too simple, and was based on inaccurate presumptions. See, of the five million copies sold, 4.1 million were in the US (whose guns+aliens=cashmoney formula, we forgot, does not apply in Europe). And with around 7.9 million 360s sold in the US, you're looking at an estimated attach rate of 52%. Which is a lot. Those remaining 48%? Obviously just biding their time, waiting for the January sales. Halo 3 Purchased by 52% of Xbox 360 Owners in U.S. [GameDaily]
Over Half Of US 360 Owners Own Halo 3
Trending Stories Right Now
When people talk about the current golden age of TV, they're usually referring to big, serious dramas like Breaking Bad or The Wire. I am here today to tell you that Avatar. The Last Airbender, an animated show about a group of magical kids who ride around on a flying buffalo, deserves to be counted among them.
The Australian Senate inquiry into micro-transactions heard a call for "serious consideration" to restrict games with loot boxes to "players of legal gambling age" yesterday. The authors of a large scale study presented their findings, strongly supporting a previous study that claimed loot boxes were psychologically akin to gambling.