This is cute. Over at the Guardian Unlimited's Games blog, they've got a nice post up that covers obsolete gaming skills. You know, those skills that we don't use anymore! Because, we've advanced and evolved. Guardian has a couple nice examples — as do the Guardian's comments. Those are:
• Installing PC games using MS-DOS (and often boot discs)
• Switching auto-fire on and off during a game
• Blowing into a catridge to get the damn thing to work
• Trying to grab every single extra life to use on a difficult final boss
• Getting into actual playground fights about who was better, Mario or Sonic. Now that was extreme fandom rather than all this message board fighting that modern console rivals do.