Wii Fit! Chart tracking GfK has slipped to Jason Hill a list of the best-selling games of last year. Cementing Nintendo’s stranglehold on gaming this generation, six of the top ten places went to Wii games, with a further two going to DS titles. That leaves just a couple of spots left over for the 360 and PS3… and you might be surprised by how that turned out.
Sure, it’s Grand Theft Auto IV – no shock there. But what does surprise is that the PS3 version came out on top. Although we suspect the final sales figures were pretty close, it seems Australians – unlike our British and American counterparts – prefer our free-roaming crime sims to come on Blu-ray discs.
1. Wii Fit – Wii
2. Wii Play – Wii
3. Mario Kart – Wii
4. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games – Wii
5. Grand Theft Auto IV – PlayStation 3
6. Grand Theft Auto IV – Xbox 360
7. Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training – Nintendo DS
8. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games – Nintendo DS
9. Super Smash Bros. Brawl – Wii
10. Big Beach Sports – Wii