Lionhead's announced that a patch finally fixing a slew of bugs — including the infamous unresponsive abbott in Monk's Quest — has gone live today. And good news! No one will assassinate your child anymore!
Here's the full list of what's fixed:
• The Ritual/Monk's Quest — Fixed the issue with the Abbott becoming unresponsive if you leave Oakfield before he finishes talking. This will fix the problem if you've already hit it, too.
• Rescuing Charlie/Rescue My Baby — after rescuing Charlie, you can now able to interact with objects
• Guild Cave chest — resolves any issues with previously inability to retrieve items unlocked from Limited Collector's Edition, website or Chicken Kickin' game. If you've already hit this bug you should now get your items.
• The Spire (Pt2) — no more issues with ship captain being unresponsive
• The Hero of Skill (Pirate King) — you'll no longer get stuck during Hero of Skill quest (Bloodstone)
• T.O.B.Y./Trouble In Bloodstone — you'll no longer get stuck during T.O.B.Y. quests (Bloodstone)
• Your child — will no longer be chosen as an assassination target
• Furniture Shop in Albion (Bowerstone) will now always have something for sale
• "Additional unspecified fixes" (their words)
Also, Knothole Island has been added to the map in Tales of Albion.
Fable II Title Update release and Tales of Albion [Lionhead Dev Blog]