Mod DB has announced the winners of their 7th Annual Mod of the Year Awards, which celebrate the most creatively remastered video games and game modifications.
Nine different categories were under contention this year, with six awards chosen by Mod DB editors and three chosen by the gaming community through popular vote, including the top honour - Mod of the Year. This year's big prize go to the creators of Project Reality, a mod for EA's Battlefield 2 game that strives to deliver the most realistic combat environment possible. The team has tweaked the game's physics, visual effects, and overall play style while adding new factions to the game. Project Reality took second place for Mod of the Year in 2006 and 2007, so this year they finally get their chance to shine.
Check out the full list of winners below, and be sure to visit the link to see some of these amazing mods in action. If anything you'll find a few new ways to squeeze fresh gameplay out of some of your old PC favorites.
* Most Innovative Multiplayer (Celestial Impact)
* Best Original Art Direction (Delta Sector)
* Best Upcoming Mod (Curse)
* Best Upcoming Indie Game (Zeno Clash)
* Best Indie Game (Mount & Blade)
* Best Singleplayer Mod (The Ball)
* Best Multiplayer Mod (Project Reality)
* Best Upcoming Mod (Dead before Dawn)
* Indie Game of the Year (Mount & Blade)
* Mod of the Year (Project Reality)
The 2008 Mod of the Year Awards [Mod DB]