The new Kmart catalogue popped into my mailbox this afternoon. It promises a "$4 Million Video Game Clearance" - which certainly sounds exciting. But is it exciting enough to slap your knees?
Let's first look at console hardware:
* Wii - $399 (includes the usual Wii Sports plus Wii Music and either TV Show King Party or Fun Fair Party)* Xbox 360 Arcade - $287 (includes the usual five Xbox Live Arcade games plus Sega Superstar Tennis and Halo Wars)
* PlayStation 3 - $699 (includes Killzone 2 and FIFA 09)
Nothing particularly outstanding, although the PS3 deal is pretty good if you're a fan of both games.
Onto software now, my picks of the best deals would be:
* Deadly Creatures (Wii) - $59.95
* Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii) - $59.95
* Skate It (Wii) - $44.95
* Animal Crossing (Wii) - $69.95
* Wii Fit (Wii) - $124
* Lock's Quest (DS) - $29.95
* Guitar Hero World Tour (PS2) - $249
* Guitar Hero World Tour (Wii) - $259
* Guitar Hero World Tour (360, PS3) - $269
* Burnout Paradise (360) - $29.95
* FIFA 09 (PS3) - $39.95
* Burnout Paradise (PS3) - $39.95
* Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) - $69.95
* Far Cry 2 (PS3) - $69.95
* Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection (360, PS3) - $59.95
Not entirely sure where they get that $4m figure from, but I guess cutting $10-$20 off most games will eventually add up to a lot of money. Sale starts today and ends Wednesday next week.