Turn-based strategy computer game Empire: Total War has been beleaguered with issues since launch. There have been crashes to the desktop, or corruptions in your game that stop campaign progression.
Loads of users on Valve's content delivery system Steam have been having problems with the game, and Valve has been reticent on the issues. Until now. Valve's issued notice of an Empire: Total War update that will automatically be applied when your Steam client is restarted.
• Multiplayer - can now find friends across regions
• Load time detection on trade routes to fix pathfinding crash in campaign
• Some General Sound balancing improvements
• Fixed UI Chat hang when spectator leaves unranked match with 3+ players
• Varies Campaign Crash Fixes
• Some Save/Load fixes
• Boarding fix where cannon crew board order was not being deleted properly causing crash
• Fix to kill characters instantly to stop crashes in campaign on agent/general deaths
• Save games limited to 1000
• Fix to animation glitch causing repetitive sounds when battle is launched
Empire: Total War Update Released [Steam News]