I've just finalised my registration for E3, having booked my flight and accommodation a couple of weeks back. My expectations for this year's event - to be held June 2-4 over in LA - are higher than for last year's. It's exciting!
Organisers are promising more spectacle than found at last year rather limp showing and the earlier June timing means more news and announcements from publishers. But the main reason for my excitement is all those new games I'll get to play.
Here are the titles I've put at the top of my list to check out at E3:
* Brutal Legend - Tim Schafer can do no wrong (although Jack Black certainly can)
* Heavy Rain - I loved Quantic Dream's Fahrenheit and Omikron: The Nomad Soul (their first game) and I want to see their next step in narrative design
* Alan Wake - Really hoping this points us toward a new direction for the survival horror genre.
* Alpha Protocol - I'll admit, the recent trailer looked rough, but writer/designer Chris Avellone is clearly a talented guy. I have faith
* Scribblenauts - This is exactly the kind of so-crazy-it-just-might-work game the DS was invented for
* BioShock 2 - Despite the hokey-sounding premise (at least based on the minimal info), I'm prepared to be persuaded to return to Rapture
* Rock Band PSP - Because I still prefer Frequency to playing with plastic instruments. And this'll probably be released in Australia before Rock Band 2
* Whatever the hell Warren Spector is working on at Disney - C'mon man, show us something!
What games are you most looking forward to this year?