Konami's dual-stick arcade-style shooter Zombie Apocalypse will be infecting Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network this quarter, the publisher has announced. No, they're not re-announcing Burn Zombie Burn!, it just sounds like it.
The Konami version of dual-stick, arcade-style undead shooting looks to be taken a bit more seriously—minus the teddy bear packed with C4 explosives used to fend of hordes in Zombie Apocalypse. It also looks to have the raw numbers that few press releases can match: 11 weapons, 55 "days" of plays, 7 environments, 4 players, 7 unlockable game modes.
Just look at all these officially approved bullet points...
- Killer Environments - Use the environmental hazards to crush, burn, slice, or cause many other types of destruction on the zombie masses
- Trigger-mortis - 11 devastating weapons are at your disposal to blow the heads of the living dead or when your trigger finger is tired use the chainsaw to eviscerate them in a more up close and personal manner
- 55 Days Later - Survive 55 days of battles across 7 environments and you will be rewarded with not becoming a brainless zombie
- Slaughter Zombies as a Team - Play with 4 players locally or via the internet and work as a team to rescue survivors and put down as many brain eaters as you can while competing for high scores
- More Zombie Modes - Re-live the apocalypse with 7 challenging unlockable game modest
At first blush, Konami's Zombie Apocalypse looks like a top down Left 4 Dead, somewhere between the Valve version and the more simplified Left 4K Dead version. I believe AJ played it at Konami's Gamers Night, so I look forward to her impressions.