Intergalactic role-playing adventure is coming to the iPhone and iPod Touch with Mass Effect: Jacob's Story, a two-hour "animated presentation" with top-down arcade-style space combat that serves as a prequel of sorts to Mass Effect 2.
The iPhone version of Mass Effect is currently being test-marketed via online survey, touting an "animated graphic novel experience" that blends "nuance[d] " story telling with "gripping top-down shooter combat."
Mass Effect: Jacob's Story stars Jacob Taylor, "a biotic-powered super-soldier who stumbles across a plot to terrorize civilization's greatest beacon of hope," who must save the galaxy, naturally, but with an Apple brand touchscreen. All this galaxy saving can be yours for $US2.99, apparently.
The official description of the game, as told via online survey is as follows.
The award-winning Mass Effect game universe has now arrived on your iPhone and iPod Touch! Tales of human courage and individual human achievement resound throughout the galaxy. Here is your opportunity to play the story of Jacob Taylor, a biotic-powered super-soldier who stumbles across a plot to terrorize civilization's greatest beacon of hope. Can you prevent a heinous attack that threatens to knock humanity off the galactic stage?
- Gripping story line that enables you, playing super-soldier Jacob Taylor, to prevent galactic chaos
- Stylish art presentation delivers an animated graphic novel experience
- A blend of nuance story telling with gripping top-down shooter combat
- Experience the back story behind some of the main characters in the upcoming Mass Effect 2 (for Xbox 360 and PC)
- 2 hour story-based experience with stunning graphics, animated presentation and top-down arcade-style combat