According to data from Famitsu publisher Enterbrain, the domestic sales for the Nintendo Wii in Japan surpassed 8 million units as at April 19.
The Nintendo Wii launched in Japan on December 2, 2006 and was not packaged with Wii Sports like in The West.
Enterbain also released new top five Wii software sales totals. They are:
1. Wii Sports Launch: 12/2/06 Life-to-date: 3,481,469 copies
2. Wii Fit Launch: 12/1/07 Life-to-date: 3,301,373 copies
3. Wii Play Launch: 12/2/06 Life-to-date: 2,672,811 copies
4. Mario Kart Wii Launch: 4/10/08 Life-to-date: 2,218,756 copies
5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl Launch: 1/31/08 Life-to-date: 1,789,924 copies