No shock to see The Sims 3 at the top. It’s still hanging in at number four on the all formats chart too. Nor is it any surprise to see World of Warcraft and Call of Duty each take two slots elsewhere in the list.
The real surprise for me is ArmA II charting so high. For one, it’s a terribly niche title; hugely rewarding in its own way, it takes a special kind of gamer to get it. For two, top-selling PC games tend to be quite kind to your hardware – even at release the likes of WoW and Age III were able to run well on average setups. ArmA II, however, will bring the average PC to its knees.
Still, well done ArmA II!
Oh, and yes, the all formats charts is below. Harry Potter says hi.
PC Full-Priced Games Top 10 for the w/e July 19:
1. The Sims 3
2. World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
3. World of Warcraft: Battlechest
4. The Sims 2: Double Deluxe
5. ArmA II
6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
7. Age of Empires III
8. Call of Duty: World at War
9. Age of Empires III: Asian Dynasties
10. Spore: Galactic Adventures
All Format Full-Priced Games Top 10 for the w/e July 19:
1. Wii Fit (Wii)
2. Wii Play (Wii)
3. Mario Kart (Wii)
4. The Sims 3 (PC)
5. Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince (Wii)
6. inFamous (PS3)
7. Fight Night Round 4 (PS3)
8. Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force (DS)
9. Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince (PS2)
10. Fight Night Round 4 (360)