Maybe it’s because I don’t really read newspapers anymore. Maybe it’s that I just never noticed it. But I didn’t realise that like the New York Times, Blockbuster has gotten into the bestsellers business.
Leafing through the (New Orleans) Times-Picayune this morning I stumbled across a page dedicated to video games. The Game Dork page included a review of Tiger Woods PGA Tour ’10, a used game of the week, a new and coming soon section and a list of the Top 10 best-selling new games, as tracked by Blockbuster.
I’m a bit surprised that Blockbuster and not Gamestop is providing the list for new game sales, but here goes:
1. Ghostbusters: The Video Game for Xbox 360
2. Ghostbusters: The Video Game for PS3
3. Grand Theft Auto IV for Xbox 360
4. Guitar Hero: Smash Hits for Xbox 360
5. Guitar Hero: Smash Hits for Wii
6. Mario Super Sluggers for Wii
7. EA Sports Active for Wii
8. Wii Play for Wii
9. Haze for PS3
10. Ghostbusters: The Video Game for Wii.
I leave you with this thought: Haze? Are you freakin’ kidding me???