Microsoft just dropped a bunch of Xbox Live related statistics on us. Let’s sort through them.
* First, a bit of perspective. Guess how many Xbox 360 consoles have been sold in Australia and New Zealand to date?
If you said “over 734,000”, you can give yourself a big tick.
* Guess how many of them are connected to Xbox Live?
Is that “over 400,000” I hear? Yes it is. (When asked, Microsoft said that over 50% of this figure are Gold subscribers, meaning there’s a local online multiplayer audience of somewhere just over 200,000 people.)
* Guess how many hours of Xbox Live usage Australian and New Zealand gamers have clocked up so far this year?
Well done to those who answered “101 million hours”. (Whether that stat includes all those hours I’ve left my console idling on the dashboard while connected to Live, I’m not sure.)
* Guess how many things you’ve downloaded from Xbox Live in the last 12 months?
That’s right, it’s “6.4 million”, including everything from demos to DLC to that Rumble Roses gamerpic you immediately regretted.
* And finally, can you guess how that compares to last year?
What’s that? Xbox Live content downloads are indeed up 39% compared to the same period last year.
So there you go. Anything there you find particularly interesting?