Here’s the full job ad:
Web Designer/Developer (HTML/CSS, PHP, Design)
About the Role
Allure Media is one of Australia’s fastest growing digital publishers. In the past two years, our three technology mastheads have grown from fringe websites to account for 1-in-2 minutes spent reading technology content online. We’re now expanding to other categories, such as entertainment and lifestyle.
We’re on the hunt for a motivated web designer/developer to join our team.
The successful applicant will have:
· Extensive knowledge of standards compliant XHTML and CSS
· A strong understanding of PHP with proven experience
· An understanding of Web 2.0 design trends, styles and technologies
· A high level of skill and experience with layouts and front-end design using Adobe Photoshop
· Experience with cross-browser compatibility including Internet Explorer rendering issues and solutions
Other desirable skills include:
· Experience with WordPress or other PHP based frameworks and/or CMS
· An understanding of Linux
The position suits a self-starter who loves media and the web. This is a full-time role based in our Sydney office.
About Allure Media
More than 1.5 million readers visit Allure Media’s websites each month.
Our technology network accounts for more than one-in-two minutes spent reading IT sites in Australia, and we have aggressive plans to replicate that success in entertainment and lifestyle categories.
Our partners include some of the world’s most innovative publishers, including top blog company Gawker Media. Backed by the same team that launched ninemsn and EBay Australia/NZ, our management team has backgrounds in senior journalism and commercial roles at News Limited, Yahoo! and ACP Magazines.
We offer a fast-moving, innovative yet casual working environment. We are a small team, meaning every staff member has the opportunity to make a real contribution to our sites and our business.
To apply, please email your resume and a covering letter to [email protected]
Only people with rights to work in Australia may apply. No calls or recruiters please.