Each week throws off several new video game lists ranging from the humorous to the trivial. What's better? A list of those. Here's a roundup of the rundowns out there.
• Top 10 Most Overhyped Games Ever [VGChartz]Is it just me, or is this Top 10 list subject overhyped? Seriously, am I the only one who thinks this Top 10 list of overhyped games didn't live up to the hype? Top 10 Overhyped Game fanboys, flame away while I go ban myself.
• The New Gaming Clichés [Joystick Division]I'm down with bald space marines being lazy thinking and design. Then again, as a bald guy, I'm proud to see my people represented in gaming. Yes, quicktime events and antiheroes are more cliché strewn than SportsCenter at 2 a.m. But the rest of these, just because they're common doesn't mean they don't make games enjoyable. Not on this list: The Top 10 List.
• Top 10 Uses for the $US50 You'll Save on the Wii This Holiday [Monroeworld Forums]This boils down to "Use it to buy more stuff from Nintendo," which was no doubt figured in during Nintendo's skull sessions on the price drop. For me, the $US50 equals two bottles of Early Times thanks to the socialist monopoly known as the Oregon Liquor Control Commission. Otherwise, it's gas down to Yreka, Calif. to buy a case of it for $US8 less a handle.
• Our 10 favourite Gaming Soundtracks [The Bits, Bytes, Pixels and Sprites]Well, both Halo 2 and Goldeneye are here so everyone can have a war over those two FPSes, not that much provocation ever is needed for that. Sacred cow Ocarina of Time gets the obligatory No. 3. Zero love shown for Full Throttle or Bionic Commando: Rearmed.
• Ten Dreamcast Games We Want on PSN [IGN]I am convinced that in the year Fifty-eight-eleven-thousand, when we play video games inside of our eyeballs and fanboy wars have become full fledged genocidal campaigns against those with the wrong chip installed in their brains, we will all lay down our arms, shake hands, and declare peace at the mere mention of the sainted Dreamcast. Here are ten previous-gen titles everyone bought and played. Except they didn't. Because if they had, maybe the console wouldn't be dead.