Love Kotaku, media, the web and PHP development or advertising operations? We want to hear from you!
Allure Media is one of Australia's fastest growing digital publishers. In the past two years, our three technology mastheads have grown from fringe websites to account for one-in-two minutes spent reading technology content online. Our recently launched women's lifestyle network is changing the way young women read content online.
We're now on the hunt for two technology all-rounders who are great PHP developers. Both are full-time roles based in our Sydney office.
The successful applicants will:
- Maintain and develop our eight websites, taking them to best-in-class products; and
- Manage site hosting, keeping our titles online and responsive.
- Extensive knowledge of standards-compliant XHTML and CSS;
- A strong understanding of PHP with proven experience;
- An understanding of Web 2.0 design trends, styles and technologies;
- Experience with layouts and front-end design using Adobe Photoshop;
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility including Internet Explorer rendering issues and solutions; and
- An understanding of Linux.
Other desirable skills include:
- Experience with Wordpress or other PHP-based frameworks and/or CMSes; and
- Experience hosting high-trafficked websites.
These are hands-on roles and all levels of experience will be considered. One candidate will also manage our tech team of three.
If you're a self starter who loves media, the web and delivering results, apply now!
We offer a fast-moving, innovative yet casual working environment. We are a small team, meaning every staff member has the opportunity to make a real contribution to our sites and our business.
To apply, please email your resume, preferred role and a covering letter to [email protected]
Only people with rights to work in Australia may apply. No calls or recruiters please.
About Allure Media
Almost two million readers visit Allure Media's websites each month.
Our technology network (Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker) accounts for more than one-in-two minutes spent reading IT sites in Australia, and we have aggressive plans to replicate that success in entertainment and lifestyle categories (PopSugar, FabSugar, BellaSugar, Defamer, Babble).
Our partners include some of the world's most innovative publishers, including top blog companies Gawker Media and Sugar Inc. Backed by the same team that launched ninemsn and eBay Australia/NZ, our management team has backgrounds in senior journalism and commercial roles at News Limited, Yahoo! and ACP Magazines.