Today's edition of Kotaku Off Topic is kind of a downer—natural disasters and such—making me want to get away from it all. So let's talk about vacations and travel plans.
Most of my travelling is tied to working for Kotaku, flying overseas to Tokyo, Japan and wherever German gaming conventions occur. The free transport is great, allowing me time to take a few days beforehand or afterward to travel on my own time. But I don't think that I've ever taken a non-obligation related vacation. That's gotta change.
So, if you want, talk about your travel plans for 2010, recommendations for getaway spots or places to avoid. Or talk about your topic of choice. Or just enjoy(?) these links.
- Google's "New Approach" to China may mean leaving it - Attacks and censorship cause Google to "review the feasibility of our business operations in China."
- Glasses Tattooed on Man's Face, For Real - WHY.
- "Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!" Guy Dies On Sadly Appropriate Day Of The Week - I've never been to a monster truck show nor have I ever seen mud-spitting, flame-spurting funny cars. And now this.
- 7.0 quake hits Haiti; 'Serious loss of life' expected - Tragic. You can donate to the Red Cross International Relief Fund here.
- What boyfriends and girlfriends search for on Google - Sad or funny?