Tonight's Kotaku Off Topic is a little horrific, not for the faint of heart. Enter the non-video game related discussion... if you dare!
Speaking of faint of heart, I used to be pretty squeamish when it came to horror films. Movies like The Return of the Living Dead and Poltergeist used to make my skin crawl and my stomach churn when I was but a wee lad. Hell, even the original V television mini-series almost made me lose my lunch when the visitors started swallowing rodents whole.
I'm still a creampuff when it comes to real violence. I don't enjoy gore or blood. But I do appreciate a good fictional scare. So any recommendations for quality horror films you think that I or your fellow Kotakuites may have missed, leave 'em in the comments.
Otherwise, talk about whatever strikes your fancy and tread lightly among the following links.
- Frank Darabont writing/directing The Walking Dead for AMC - More post-zombie apocalypse TV shows, fewer games, please!
- Obama's first year: Strong foundation or house of cards? - Happy birthday, Obama administration!
- Olympic officials discussing "sex-verification" guidelines - "The International Olympic Committee is recommending the establishment of special medical centres to deal with athletes who have ambiguous sexual characteristics."
- The Vice Guide To Liberia (Part 1 of 8) - Uh... maybe don't watch this at work or if you are squeamish. Brutal, violent, depressing and not much fun. You've been warned.
- OK Go - This Too Shall Pass - I finally get around to watching this.