After working for the weekend, it's here, a few days off that we'll celebrate with this special edition of Kotaku Off Topic, where anything goes. Well, almost anything.
I'm kicking off the weekend with a little pho tonight, perhaps a few big Kirin Ichibans and some relaxation. It'll be a chilly 10C here in Los Angeles, so some hot broth with some rare beef - hold the tendon! - will do the trick. What do you plan to do with your weekend?
Get caught up on some of this week's more interesting non-video game related things below, then comment away about whatever's on your noodle tonight.
- The Scale of the Universe - Ever wondered how an ostrich egg compares in size to Alpha Centauri?
- Google's getting into the fibre business - After Wave and Buzz, I'm feeling more Google bad vibes than ever.
- More chronicles of Riddick coming - Please be better than The Chronicles of Riddick.
- The guy who interviewed John Mayer for Playboy is interviewed - You heard about this, right?
- Bill Gates: We need global 'energy miracles' - I'm doing my part by buying Windows 7 at some point.
- We Are The World 25 for Haiti - Please give generously so this gets minimal airplay.