Blizzard has revealed the real minimum PC requirements for playing in the StarCraft II beta test, and while not quite as low as the imaginary ones we posted last month, they're still relatively modest.
Last month Blizzard accidentally posted what looked like World of Warcraft system specs as ones for the StarCraft II beta test, causing a brief flurry of excitement from players with older machines.
The good news is that all hope is not lost. You'll need a slightly beefier processor, a little more memory, and a more powerful video card, but much less hard-drive space.
Here are the official beta requirements. Keep in mind that these are for the beta only, and won't necessarily be the same for the final release.
PC Minimum Requirements:
• Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1/Windows 7
• 2.2 Ghz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
• 1 GB system RAM/1.5 GB for Vista and Windows 7
• 128 MB NVidia GeForce 6600 GT/ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card
• 1024x768 minimum display resolution
• 4 GB free hard space (Beta)
• Broadband connection
Starcraft II System Requirements [Blizzard Support - Thanks DeadDuck!]