Upcoming online role-playing Final Fantasy XIV will take place in a sci-fi meets fantasy universe. That we know. But that's not all.
According to recent Japanese game magazine articles, there's more. Much, much more. Website FFXIVCore.com has a long laundry list of all the nitty gritty, but here are some selected highlights:
• The PC version will be able to run on PCs from a few years ago, but the alpha version will only run on high-end PCs
• Can be run on 512MB of VRAM and above
• Alpha test starts soon
• Square wants to make it possible to play with your friends from FFXI
• Character customisation won't be fully available in beta (can't change facial features)
• There's a mode for restoring HP while moving
• The plan is the make the maximum number of members in a party between 6 and 8, and there will also be alliances
• The important things in battle are distance, range, and direction
• There will be magic you can use while moving
Apparently, FFXIV will have players fight on the move, and in battle, position is key.
Square Enix has included information about registering for the FFXIV beta in copies of Final Fantasy XIII's PS3 version. You register?
Famitsu and Dengeki leak rumors [FFXIVCore]