Welcome to the March 2010 edition of K Monthly, a look back at some of the best original coverage, including reviews, previews, features, weekly columns and more from Kotaku.
Don't miss our reporting from this year's PAX East gathering, Penny Arcade's video game convention for the video game fan, and the annual Game Developers Conference, which spawns more than just hands-on previews of the most exciting upcoming games, but insight from and interviews with the video game industry's most fascinating people.
GDC 2010 was also where we got our first hands-on time with the PlayStation Move, Sony's second stab at motion control gaming on the PlayStation 3. Get caught up on all of Kotaku's original coverage with the March edition of K Monthly.
TABLE OF CONTENTS March 2010
- Video Games' Team Coco Moment by Stephen Totilo
- The Solid State of the Union Kotaku Census 2010: The Results by Luke Plunkett
- The Making Of A Video Game Fanboy by Brian Ashcraft
- The Secret Armory of General Knoxx Micro-Review: Hot Coals Over a Cakewalk
- Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Review: Remaster System
- Mega Man 10 Micro-Review: Capcom Had Mercy
- Toy Soldiers Micro-review: A Farewell To Arms?
- Match defence Toy Soldiers Micro-Review: Finally, mum Can Help
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Review: Judging A Book By Its Cover Works
- Major League Baseball 2K10 Review: Pitching With Two Strikes
- MLB 10 The Show Review: The Game for All America
- Napoleon: Total War Review: Ability Is Nothing Without Opportunity
- Transformers: G1 Awakening Review: One Shall Stand
- Final Fantasy XIII Review: A New Paradigm For An Old Franchise
- God of War III Review: Olympic Glory
- Brother In Arms 2 Micro-Review: Oh, Brother Where Art Thou?
- Scrap Metal Micro-Review: There's a Difference Between Mindless and Pointless
- Greed Corp Micro-Review: Is Greed Good?
- Yakuza 3 Review: A Foreign Film Festival
- Max & The Magic Marker Micro-Review: What If The DS Was My TV?
- Street Fighter IV iPhone Review: A Party For One
- Dante's Inferno Dark Forest Micro-Review: Much Power, Little Point
- Perfect Dark Micro-review: Elvis Has Re-entered The Building
- Red Steel 2 Review: If Only 2006 Was This Good
- World Of Warcraft Wireless Headset Review: A Raid On Your Wallet
- Cave Story Micro-Review: So This Is What The Excitement Was About
- Wii Upscaler Review: Can The Wii Really Do High Definition?
- WarioWare: D.I.Y. Review: Homebrewed Improvement
- Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Pack Review: Pricey Maps
- Mass Effect 2: Firewalker Micro-Review: Free Tanks, Enquire Within
- Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening Micro-Review: Almost Going Number Two
PREVIEWS & IMPRESSIONS
- God Of War III's First Big Boss Battle Is Unforgettable
- Blade Kitten Hands On: Not Quite Old School, But Close Enough
- Civilization V Preview: Small Changes, Big Differences
- Splinter Cell: Conviction Preview: Either Sam Fisher Mellowed With Age Or I Have
- Hunted: The Demon's Forge, A Dungeon Crawl For The Gears Age
- Mafia II Hands-On: The Scenic Route Is Full Of Centerfolds
- Dante's Inferno: Trials of St. Lucia Preview: Mod of War
- 95% Of What You Knew About The Grinder Is Wrong
- Sin & Punishment 2: The Most Impressive Fireworks On The Wii
- ModNation Racers Was My favourite Low-Expectation Game Of The Show
- The Next Smart Video Game Only Lets You Kill Once
- Hands-On With Breach, The New Breed Of Destruction
- Crackdown 2 Multiplayer Preview: I Don't Have Your Goddamned Orb
- Battle Block theatre Preview: Older-School
- Puzzle Quest 2 Preview: The Same, Only Different
- Let's Shank Again, Like I Did Last Summer
- Slam Bolt Scrappers Preview: An Instant Winner
- The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile Preview: The Machine Girl Cometh
- Snoopy Flying Ace: High Road To Reminiscence
- A Nintendo Fanboy Made This Game
- Monday Night Combat Preview: The Other Instant Winner
- Mirror's Edge On iPhone Doing The Canabalt
- We Were Wrong About Nier Before ... Or We Are Now
- PlayStation Move's The Shoot Has A Major Twist
- SOCOM 4 On The Move
- True Crime Impressions: Finally, Dumpster Kills
- Medal of honour Is Coming Back The Hard Way
- The Must-Play Magic Of PlayStation Move Involves... A Foam Finger?
- Mass Effect 2 DLC Adds 90 Minutes, More Earth Teases
- EA Sports MMA: Who Knows About Broken Bones?
- Guilty Party Offers Billions of Mysteries to Solve
- Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, The Cool Thing At GDC
- Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes HD First Look At The Inevitable Re-purchase
COLUMNS Well Played by Brian Crecente
- Collateral Damage In The War On Piracy
- The Never-Ending Game: World of Warcraft's Impact on Borderlands
- Why GDC's Parties May Be More Important Than the Talks
- Growing Up Geek: The Past, Present and Future of Penny Arcade
- An Arcade In Every Home
Stick Jockey by Owen Good
- Tinker to Chance: Game Makers Rethinking an Orthodoxy?
- Overcoming a New Fear of Old Failures ... and Vice Versa
- Vegas Kicked My arse, but I Returned the favour - With a Video Game