The intergalactic hunt for minerals may not be Mass Effect 2’s most marketable feature, but BioWare’s latest update to the Xbox 360 version of the sci-fi role-playing game has “optimized” its mundane planet scanning, resulting in many happy players.
“Scanning for minerals has been optimized” may sound vague, but the small change has been met with glee at the official BioWare forums, where the latest update was announced. Scan bigger, scan faster, experience less regret on your deathbed wasting hours looking for Element Zero deposits. And read the full change list after this.
- Scanning for minerals has been optimized
- Fixed an issue with marking all entries as viewed in the Journal
- Fixed an issue relating to text and the menu screen
- Fixed an issue relating to players starting a new game and loading a save
- Fixed multiple issues when loading a save containing DLC when DLC isn’t present
- Fixed an issue with ammo flashing when it can’t be picked up
- Fixed an issue with crosshairs
- Fixed an issue with Grunt’s Fortification power
- Fixed an issue with enemies and cover
- Fixed an issue where players could receive additional talent points
- Fixed an issue where squad members would overwrite ammo powers the player had assigned them
May 17 – Xbox 360 Mass Effect 2 Patch [BioWare Social Network]