Think this New Vegas armour looks handsome? Then you'll want to preorder the game through Steam or Walmart to receive the Caravan Pack, one of four retailer-specific preorder bonuses for Fallout: New Vegas.
Will you preorder Fallout: New Vegas through Steam, Walmart, GameStop, Amazon or Best Buy? These four preorder packs might weigh in on your answer. Each comes with a special outfit, like the armoured Vault 13 Suit of the Classic Pack, a special weapon, a various pieces of equipment to make your journey through the Vegas Wastes more tolerable.
Instead of weighing in once again about how much I hate retailer-specific preorder bonuses, I'll just let you folks click through the gallery to see what goodies you get from which point of purchase.
The Caravan Pack, available when you pre-order through Steam and Walmart, contains:
· Lightweight Leather Armor - This hand-modified suit of leather armour reduces its overall weight without impacting its ability to protect.
· Sturdy Caravan Shotgun - Despite its rough appearance, this Caravan Shotgun will reliably fire 20 gauge shells until the Brahmin come home.
· 4 Repair Kits - Useful for repairing any outfit or weapon, Repair Kits are a valuable tool for any caravaner.
· Binoculars – The Mojave Wasteland is a dangerous place, but with these trusty Binoculars you'll be able to spot trouble coming.
The Classic Pack, available when you pre-order through GameStop, contains:
· Armored Vault 13 Suit - Extensively patched up and dotted with piecemeal armour, this outfit is an homage to the classic ending of the original Fallout.
· Vault 13 Canteen - This handy device is useful for staving off dehydration and providing a small amount of healing in the Mojave Wasteland.
· Weathered 10mm Pistol - A well-worn 10mm pistol that packs an extra punch despite its modest size.
· 5 Stimpaks - Food and water are good for long-term healing, but when the fighting is fierce, Stimpaks help keep Wastelanders upright.
The Mercenary Pack, available when you pre-order through Best Buy, contains:
· Lightweight Metal Armor - Modified for long-range travel, this Metal armour sacrifices some protection for mobility and overall weight.
· Mercenary's Grenade Rifle - Though similar to other 40mm Grenade Rifles in the Mojave Wasteland, this model has a faster reload cycle.
· 3 Super Stimpaks - When you absolutely, positively, need to keep your blood inside your body, Super Stimpaks fix you up in no time.
· 3 Doctors Bags - Mercenaries and broken limbs go together like Iguana-on-a-Stick and Nuka Cola. Thankfully, these Doctors Bags take a bit of sting out of the inevitable crushed skull
The Tribal Pack, available when you pre-order through Amazon, contains:
· Tribal Raiding Armor - Pieced together from scraps of armour, this outfit provides protection without impacting mobility.
· Broad Machete - This heavy-bladed melee weapon does high damage against limbs and can quickly deal out a flurry of attacks.
· 5 Bleak Venom doses - Useful on any Melee Weapon, Bleak Venom makes short of work of most living targets.
· 10 Throwing Spears - If you would like to silently pin an enemy's head to a wall, Throwing Spears are the way to do it.