Now that Comic-Con's done, we can get back to what's important: discussing things like comic books, movies, toys, fandom, sci-fi and the remains of the day. That's what our daily open thread is for.
While at Comic-Con, I learned of Zack Snyder's next effects-heavy movie, Sucker Punch. I didn't know what the hell is was at the time. I just saw Jenna Malone signing autographs at the Warner Bros booth. Now, after having watched the official trailer, stuffed with the kind of over the top that makes teenage boys (and those of us with the mental equivalency of a teenage boy) hard. Watchmen and 300 looked cool, and this looks cool too.
What do you think? Would you like to also talk about some of these things?
- How to make In-n-Out burgers, specifically "animal style" at home - So hungry.
- I Was with Coco - Former Tonight Show writer Todd Levin on "How Conan O'Brien Got Screwed"
- The Fallout of the Afghanistan Files - A few opinions on the impact of WikiLeaks' massive secret document spill.
- The bizarre end(?) of James Franco's bizarre run on General Hospital - It really is a mad world. That's so true.
- Sucker Punch trailer - Pretty colours and things explode and short skirts and swords and flaming zeppelins and are those Nazi super soldiers?