This edition of Kotaku Off Topic gives you wings. On sneakers. It's also a great place to talk amongst yourselves about things that aren't video games.
Like these outlandish, but still likeable Jeremy Scott Adidas sneakers that turn any mere mortal into a footwear god. I'm too old and conservative to pull these, but is there anyone out there in Kotakuland brave enough to strap these on?
For other topics of conversation, see below or bring your own to the table.
- Judd Apatow bringing Pee Wee Herman back to the big screen - I like this combo.
- M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender is not very good apparently - Ebert says it's "an agonising experience in every category I can think of and others still waiting to be invented".
- Woot is being bought by Amazon - "We are excited about doing this for all sorts of reasons. One, our business model is so vague that there's no way Amazon can possibly change what it is we're truly doing: preparing the way for the rise of the Lava Men in 2012."
- Microsoft kills Kin - It was stillborn anyway. Engadget claims an 18 month long OS rewrite was responsible. I blame the ads.
- Maggots force plane back to gate in Atlanta - "And as they're telling us to stay calm and seated, I see a maggot looking back at me and I'm thinking, 'These are anaerobic, flesh-eating larvae that the flight attendants don't have to sit with.'"