Valve is making some noteworthy changes to the way Left 4 Dead 2 plays, the way it scores and the way it can sometimes infuriate players.
The official Left 4 Dead site outlines some, but not all, of those impending changes to the Charger, the Tank and how friendly fire between Survivors is handled. In short, the Charger will be better rewarded for utilising his special skills to take down humans, some friendly fire will be ignore and you'll be switched to an already flaming Tank a lot less.
Here are some of the specifics.
- Charger now receives 300 points for any Survivor that is insta-killed.
- Charger now receives 100 points for any Survivor that is insta-incapped by a charge.
- Any infected that causes a Survivor to stumble into a "ledge hang" situation will receive 50 points.
- Bullets that first pass through an infected character before striking a Survivor are now ignored as friendly fire.
- Tanks go into a stasis when they spawn and leave stasis when the human player takes over.
- Tanks do not attack when they are in stasis.
- Tanks in stasis are invisible but still show a glow to the infected team.
- Tanks in stasis cannot be set on fire.
The Invisible Tank [L4D Blog]