Well, today has been a learning experience, hasn't it? Come and tell us what you've learned about things Kotaku-related and beyond in our open thread.
This weekend, I learned the proper way to pronounce Björk's name - it's like "jerk". I also did a good deal of reading about the Great Depression, the Great Debates and other things that weren't so great. I also unlocked some Xbox Live achievements that had previously escaped me - all were from Left 4 Dead 2 - and read a meaty portion of Malcom Gladwell's Outliers.
It wasn't the most productive of weekends. What did you learn, beyond these interesting things?
- Fall in love with sloths! - Cute and a little creepy, the sloth is genetically superior at just hangin' out.
- This is how you quit your flight attendant job - After a verbal spat with a passenger, "Slater is alleged to have then activated the plane's inflatable emergency slide, grabbed two beers from the galley, then slid down the chute" and took off.
- 12 theories about Lost that were better than the actual show - Debatable, but fun!
- Blackstar Warrior - Star Wars as blaxploitation flick. A+ concept, B+ execution.
- Kanye West's "Power" uncensored - Dangerous boob and sailor talk-filled version of Marco Brambilla's stunning new short video.