Warning: this episode of our daily off-topic post, where anyone is welcome to comment on anything they want, might have an odour. Temperatures at Kotaku Towers West today reached a toasty 45C and things got a little sweaty.
That's the hottest downtown Los Angeles has ever been, according to the LA Times, so excuse the sweat-soaked nature of this post. Amazingly, California's highest recorded temperature was a blistering 56C, a peak set in Death Valley (naturally) in 1913.
Let's cool things down with some relaxing conversation, some non-video game related news and a trailer for True Grit.
- Segway owner dies by falling off Segway - OK, so he fell of a cliff, but still. What a way to go.
- Ben & Jerrys drops "all natural" from its ice cream packaging - C'mon! It's not like alkalised cocoa, corn syrup and partially hydrogenated soybean oil just come out of nowhere!
- The Coen brothers True Grit trailer - Very exciting.
- Americans don't want to farm - AP: "Most Americans simply don't apply for jobs harvesting fruits and vegetables in California, where one of every eight people is out of work." Yeah, but farming is really, really hard.
- An interview with Violent J from Insane Clown Posse - On the band's new Western.