Harmonix is making Rock Band's already massive song list a little heavier next week, adding a fresh injection of thrash metal, thanks to Anthrax. That's just a small slice of the rock band coming to Rock Band soon.
Portions of Anthrax's "Among The Living," released in 1986, will join new tracks from The Doobie Brothers, Buckcherry, Atreyu, 30 Seconds to Mars and the two My Chemical Romance songs that I like but would never admit to in a public forum. Here's the full list.
- Anthrax – "Among the Living"
- Anthrax – "I'm the Man"
- Anthrax – "Indians" +
- Anthrax – "Madhouse (Live)" +
- Anthrax – "Metal Thrashing Mad (Live)" +
- My Chemical Romance – "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)"
- My Chemical Romance – "Welcome to the Black Parade"
- 30 Seconds to Mars – "Closer to the Edge" +
- Atreyu – "Coffin Nails"
- Buckcherry – "Out of Line"
- The Doobie Brothers – "Listen to the Music" +
- The Doobie Brothers – "Long Train Runnin'" +
Harmonix, upon informing Kotaku of the latest thrash metal addition to Rock Band, took a moment to remind us of just how metal the game series' library is. Whether you prefer your metal black, thrash, industrial, glam, speed or some variant with which I'm not familiar, there's something there, going by Harmonix's brag list.
That includes... All That Remains, At The Gates, Avenged Sevenfold, Between the Buried and Me, Black Sabbath, Cannibal Corpse, Children of Bodom, Death Angel, Disturbed, Dream theatre, Exodus, Iron Maiden, Job For A Cowboy, Judas Priest, KMFDM, Lacuna Coil, Machine head, Mastodon, Megadeth, Metallica, Ministry, Mötley Crüe, Motörhead, Norma Jean, Ozzy Osbourne, Pantera, Prong, Ratt, Skeletonwitch, Slayer, Spinal Tap, System of a Down, Testament, The Acacia Strain, The Black Dahlia Murder, The Devil Wears Prada, Underoath, White Zombie, Whitechapel, Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force.