63,500,000. That's the number of Wii Remotes Nintendo says it has sold in the United States since the Wii launched in November 2006. How did Nintendo manage to move so many of the damn things?
Wii Play was a big help, responsible for nearly 13 million Wii Remotes being snapped up by US consumers. Wii Remotes included with the console were the biggest driver, logically, with more than 30 million Wiis now in US homes.
Nintendo breaks it down, like so, also proving that pink Wii Remotes are more beloved than blue Wii Remotes.
- 30.41 million included with the Wii hardware
- 12.92 million sold with Wii Play
- 18.56 million white versions sold separately
- 2.44 million black versions sold separately
- 467,500 pink versions sold separately
- 465,200 blue versions sold separately