Disabled gamer Robert Chambers was at home when a fire, started by his toaster, began to fill his house with smoke, reports the Spokesman-Review. Chambers' limited mobility prevented him from calling for help, so he turned to a chatroom in Evony. Fellow Evony players called the fire department and, 10 minutes later, Chambers was safely escorted from the house.
It was not a spectacular blaze, fortunately. Authorities say the fire was contained to the toaster.
Chambers wife, who says she "hated this game" - maybe she's seen the ads? - has come around to Evony, saying "Now I've got to bite my tongue because it saved his life quite possibly."