That’s when owners of Bulletstorm’s “Epic Edition” get access to Gears 3. Those without a copy of Bulletstorm get it one week later on April 25, if they pre-order Gears of War 3 at GameStop in either standard, limited or “epic” edition form. The beta closes on May 15, giving you up to four weeks’ worth of multiplayer.
Here’s what you can unlock, future beta players.
- Beta Tester Medal – Complete one match in the beta to unlock the Beta Tester medal, which will carry over to your gamer profile in the final game. The Beta Tester title will be featured in the “Gears 3” multiplayer lobby as well.
- Thrashball Cole – Complete 50 matches in any game type to unlock the Thrashball Cole character variant in the beta. Once unlocked, complete 10 matches as Thrashball Cole during the beta and the character will carry over to your gamer profile in the final game.
- Gold-Plated Retro Lancer – Show your ultimate “Gears of War” fandom by unlocking the Gold-Plated Retro Lancer. Complete 90 matches in any game type to unlock it for the beta, and score 100 kills with it once unlocked to carry the exclusive weapon skin over to your gamer profile in the final game.
- Flaming Hammerburst – Complete one match by Sunday, April 24 and unlock this weapon variant.
- Flaming Lancer – Complete one match during the week of April 25 and unlock this weapon variant.
- Flaming Sawed-Off Shotgun – Complete one match during the week of May 2 to unlock this weapon variant.
- Flaming Gnasher Shotgun – Complete one match during the week of May 9 to unlock this weapon variant.
Gears of War 3 comes to the Xbox 360 on September 20.