Courtesy of IGN, we've gotten our hands on some details about "Project Cafe" (Or Wii 2, if saying the codename makes you feel silly). Apparently, they hit the motherload; IGN swears they have intel on many aspects of the new console, ranging from the hard tech to console design.
According to their report, Project Cafe will have the following:
• - GPU Wii 2's GPU will be a modified version of AMD's R700 architecture.
• - CPU The CPU will be a custom-designed triple-core version of the IBM PowerPC chipset.
• - Visuals Project Cafe will run in 1080p, and may be able to utilise Stereoscopic 3D, though it hasn't been confirmed as a feature.
• - Size & Design The console will be around the same size as the first-gen Xbox 360, and may be designed to look like a futuristic looking Super Nintendo.
• - Price Say goodbye to Nintendo having the "budget" console: Project Cafe may cost between 350 and 400 dollars.
• - Release Date Supposedly, the Cafe itself could be ready to ship from the manufacturer to retailers as soon as mid-to-late October, but in order to give developers more time with the new hardware, Nintendo may not launch the console until early 2012.