A quick reminder that you can still be in with a chance to win a life-size Space Marine chainsword. All you have to do is enter our competition!
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine is out now, and while I’ll be living out my Space Marine fantasies in the game and not in real life (my baby guinea pig-sized biceps don’t allow me to lift heavy things), this doesn’t mean you should limit yourself as I do. In fact, if your muscles aren’t baby guinea pigs in size, I recommend that you try to win this life-sized Space Marine chainsword.
UPDATE: Due to community demand I’ve extended the competition period the 25 September 2011. Entries are now due at midnight on Sunday 25 September. Also, if you click on the image above it will take you to a higher quality version of the photo so that you can see the chainsword in detail. Good luck!
THQ has kindly given us this life-size chainsword replica valued at $AU4,500. That is a very expensive chainsword. It is also a very heavy chainsword. Man, what the hell am I going to do with it? Not a whole lot, that’s for sure. Which is why THQ have specifically stated that this chainsword is not for me but for a lucky member of the Kotaku community.
For your chance to win and be a real-life Space Marine, here’s what you have to do:
We want you to build your own chainsword using household items. Get creative — come up with your own design and make it happen! Mix some newspaper with flour and water to make some papier-mâché! Tape some household appliances together and incorporate some foil! Go above and beyond and see what you can come up with!
– Your entry must be submitted as a photograph, preferably of you with your home-made chainsword.
– You are not allowed to hurt yourself or others in the process of making your chainsword.
– Your chainsword must feature the Kotaku logo on it somewhere.
– Send your entries here with “I AM A SPACE MARINE” as the subject line.
– Competition closes on Sunday 25 September at midnight. A Winner will be announced the following week.