It’s missing the LCD display and a couple of buttons and dials, but otherwise, it’s a fairly spot-on replica. We’ve included an image for comparison purposes, because we’re nice like that.
Image: Daily Mail/Getty
The list of capabilities for the wheel is extensive, in true marketing fashion. An abridged version is below, but you can face the entire wall of points at Thrustmaster’s website.
- Full-size replica of the Formula 1 Ferrari 2011 racing wheel, under official license by Ferrari, for your T500 RS.
- Genuine F1-style scratched-brushed metal “Push & Pull” shifters
- 2 x encoder rotary knobs (to adjust car settings directly during the race)
- 8 x dual detent push-buttons
- 3 x 3-position metal switches with wheel re-centring
- 2 x high pressure, 8-directional D-pads responding to realistic pressure
- 2 x up/down speed shifters (F1 “Push & Pull” style)
- Two available game modes: Normal mode, PC and PS3 compatible (offering 13 action buttons and 3 D-pads) and Advanced mode, PC compatible (offering 25 action buttons and 1 D-pad)
The page also mentions you’ll need a firmware update to use the wheel with the company’s T500 RS hardware. Which means buying the T500 RS first.
While it might terrify the casual racing fan, if you’re passionate about iRacing or rFactor, then it’s sure to please.