I like UFC. I like watching men beat each other up. I can’t help it. I also think the UFC Undisputed series does a great job of representing the sport’s multiple disciplines in an efficient, well rounded way. The fight I’m currently most excited about is Brock Lesner vs Alastair Overeem — a match which pits a world class wrestler against one of the best heavyweight strikers in the world. Now the developers at Yuke’s have created a simulation of the fight — the outcome? It’s almost too close to call…
Here are some of the notes from the simulation…
– 25 simulated matches. 13 won by Overeem, 12 by Lesnar
– Lesnar attempted a total of 287 takedowns (11.5 per fight)
– Lesnar and Overeem “rocked” each other an equal amount of times in the 25 bouts.
– Lesnar won two bouts via arm triangle.
– 92% (12 of 13) of the bouts Overeem won were by knockout.
Just for the record, I think Overeem will take it.