If you’re not one of the more than 300,000 players that participated in the closed beta test for Tribes: Ascend, your time has come. On February 24 you get to stop reading about what Hi-Rez Studios has done with your beloved Tribes franchise and experience it first-hand.
Oh I can’t wait to see the looks on the faces of those 300,000 plus early players when the ‘newbs’ come marching in this weekend. I imagine they’ll be grinning ear-to-ear as a wave of fresh meat joins the game they’ve been getting acclimated to for months. Even with Hi-Rez’s constant tweaking they’re still familiar enough with the game to wipe the floor with newcomers all weekend long.
Hi-Rez even things out a bit with a new patch hitting the game prior to the open beta launch. Let’s see what’s inside!
- New game type, Arena Deathmatch, with two initial maps
- New Capture The Flag map, Temple Ruins
- New Team Deathmatch map, Inferno
- Two new unlockable items for the Soldier class: Proximity Grenade and Utility Pack
- New default suits for Doombringer and Brute
- Ability to view either Blood Eagle or Diamond Sword skins from Class menu
- Service supporting Name Change
- Large number of bug-fixes and balance adjustments.
So the old guard won’t be on completely familiar ground when the bullets and other players start to fly, but they’ll hang onto their progress and unlocks, so it’s still pretty much their game.
Wanna get killed horribly? Hit up the link below to sign up.
Tribes: Ascend [Hi-Rez Studios]