To say that Shawn McGrath's Dyad is intense is an understatement. The game may technically count as a mind-altering drug, and believe me, that's a good thing.
In my video review, above, I break down not only the experience of playing Dyad but also where it's roots lay and why it goes above and beyond them.
Try not to turn into a Star Child watching it.
Developer: Shawn McGrath Platforms: PS3 Released: July 17, 2012
Type of game: psychedelic puzzle-racer What I played: the entire game, plus 5 hours trying to beat my own scores.
- The intense, meditative mental state that the game put me in.
- The beautiful, shifting colours.
- The dry eyes I got from not blinking for so long.
Made-to-Order Back-of-Box Quotes
- "Dyad may technically constitute a Schedule I psychotropic substance. Consult local law enforcement before taking Dyad." — Chris Person, Kotaku
- "Dyad is F-Zero, Tempest, Rez and Polybius shoved into a blender set to Arthur C. Clarke." — Chris Person, Kotaku