Welcome to the second-ever Kotaku Windows Phone game charts. In this second instalment of this thrilling series we explore how the game rankings ebb and flow from week to week.
I think it turned out rather well. In fact, I think it turned out so well that we'll maintain the same theme every week, until all Windows Phone users decide on two sets of 10 games, free and paid, that they want preserved forever in these 20 numbered slots. We will call that day the great alignment, and will celebrate with freshly baked muffins and a ceremonial slaughtering of all spiders in my apartment.
Until that fateful day...
Top Paid Windows Phone Games — October 25
1. Cracking Sands Last Week's Position: N/A That's the joy of the Windows Phone charts — a completely unknown off-road racer can storm in and take the top spot. Cracking Sands on Windows Phone
2. Angry Birds Last Week's Position: 2 (0) I won't mention that Angry Birds is only up here because the newer versions aren't available on the platform, it's too depressing. Angry Birds on Windows Phone
3. Extraction Last Week's Position: 1 (-2) This top-down shooter was bumped from the top spot by a racing game and a years-old bird flinger. For shame, Extraction. Extraction on Windows Phone
7. Real Soccer Last Week's Position: 5 (-2) Soccer's getting real, y'all. Real Soccer on Windows Phone
9. iStunt 2 Last Week's Position: N/A There really needs to be more mobile snowboarding games. iStunt 2 on Windows Phone
10. PES 2012 Last Week's Position: N/A I guess Real Soccer just wasn't real enough for some people. PES 2012 on Windows Phone
Some startling shake-ups on the paid side of things. Let's see how the free market fares this week.
Top Free Windows Phone Games — October 25
1. Lucky Coin Dozer Last Week's Position: 1 (0) People seem to really like not technically gambling. Can anyone unseat the Lucky Coin Dozer? Lucky Coin Dozer on Windows Phone
2. Word Search Last Week's Position: N/A You can never circle enough words. Never. Word Search on Windows Phone
3. Throw the Knife Last Week's Position: N/A We all must train for the inevitable straw dummy invasion. Throw the Knife on Windows Phone
4. Xbox Live Extras Last Week's Position: 3 (-1) For a minute there I thought Microsoft was cheating, locking itself in at number 3. I'm sorry I ever doubted them. Xbox Live Extras on Windows Phone
5. AE 3D Motor Last Week's Position: 4 (-1) I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike. I want to ride my bicycle. I want to ride it to the fifth spot. AE 3D Motor on Windows Phone
6. AE Skee Ball Last Week's Position: N/A The motorcycle game is joined by its Skee Ball counterpart. Can I get an A-E? No? OK. Thought I'd try. AE Skee Ball on Windows Phone
7. Flow Free Last Week's Position: 5 (-2) I shouldn't take joy in Flow Free falling down the charts, but I revel in the loss of symmetry. Flow Free on Windows Phone
8. Air Assault Last Week's Position: 2 (-6) The helicopter shooter plummets towards the ground but rights itself at the last moment. Air Assault on Windows Phone
9. Pandas Vs. Ninjas 2 Last Week's Position: 9 (0) The night belongs to ninjas. The nine belongs to ninjas and pandas. Pandas Vs. Ninjas 2 on Windows Phone
10. Contract Killer Last Week's Position: 6 (-4) Contract Killer keeps on hanging on. Contract Killer on Windows Phone
There now, isn't the chart much better with a sense of motion to it? I sure hope Microsoft doesn't release a flood of new product soon to screw this all up. That would suck.