Two straight weeks of FarmVille 2 being at the top of the daily active users Facebook game charts is plenty. This week I'm bending the laws of time and space to imagine a chart without Zynga — chart in which Candy Crush Saga reigns supreme.
It's a silly concept, really. Without the success Zynga's had in making millions into social gamers many of the other developers on the charts wouldn't even be here. Heck, I probably wouldn't be writing this at all. I'd probably have been irradiated in a freak lab accident and gained super powers by now. Thanks for ruining my crime-fighting career, FarmVille.
In a chart in which FarmVille 2 had not jumped up by another million active daily users this week, my wife's poison of choice, the puzzling Candy Crush Saga from King.com would be on top, with Bubble Witch Saga from the same developer not far behind. King.com would be the only developer with two games in the top 10. It would become Zynga. *insert dramatic music here*
In the end we should be thankful there's a Zynga, because it keeps other companies from becoming Zynga.
Rank App DAU
1. FarmVille 2 Zynga Inc. 8,400,000
2. Texas HoldEm Poker Zynga 6,200,000
3. Words With Friends Zynga With Friends 5,700,000
4. Bubble Safari Zynga 4,900,000
5. Candy Crush Saga King.com 4,800,000
6. ChefVille Zynga 4,100,000
7. Diamond Dash Wooga 4,000,000
8. Bubble Witch Saga King.com 3,800,000
9. SongPop Freshplanet 3,500,000
10. Dragon City Social Point 3,100,000
See the full list and more at AppStats