When we last leftour intrepid iPhone gaming app charts, Tumblr had stolen my powers of tracking, leaving me to resort to an image-based solution. This week the rankings are back, which is why it took me so long to get them up. How about that Wreck-It Ralph?
The computer-animated sensation makes its mark on the iPhone charts this week, which makes the fact that there is no way in heck I can make it to a theatre to see Wreck-It Ralph any time soon all the more frustrating. Perhaps my children will grow out of their biting each other phase and slip into the sitting quietly portion of development before it's out of the theatres.
Stop laughing, parents.
Top Paid iPhone Games - November 6, 2012
1. Wreck-It Ralph Last Week's Position: N/A He said he was going to wreck it, and here we are. Mobile gaming has made it possible for a licensed movie game to reach the top of the charts. Huzzah? Wreck-It Ralph on iTunes
3. Empires: World War Last Week's Position: N/A Another military strategy multiplayer game at the top of the iPhone charts. Typical. Empires: World War on iTunes
4. Plague Inc. Last Week's Position: 3 (-1) Has the Plague Inc. fever finally broken? Plague Inc. on iTunes
6. Arms Cartel Global Last Week's Position: 7 (+1) A sign that the world is ready to trade real killing of total strangers for fake killing of total strangers. Arms Cartel Global on iTunes
9. Tetris Last Week's Position: 8 (-1) Tetris. The world will never stop playing it. Tetris on iTunes
10. Fruit Ninja Last Week's Position: 9 (-1) Where Tetris goes, Fruit Ninja is never far behind. They are bound by honour. Bound by duty. Bound by staples. Fruit Ninja on iTunes
Add the prices of all of those games together and it wouldn't amount to a fraction of the cost of this week's top free apps!
Think about it.
Top Free iPhone Games - November 6, 2012
1. Extreme Road Trip 2 Last Week's Position: N/A There's just something about the release of a blockbuster theatrical film that gets the chart position jumping. Extreme Road Trip 2 on iTunes
2. Fix-It Felix Jr Last Week's Position: 6 (+4) There's just something about the release of a blockbuster theatrical film that gets the chart position jumping. Fix-It Felix Jr. on iTunes
3. WordSearch Unlimited Free Last Week's Position: N/A Normally you only get limited word searches without paying. Not here, buddy boy. WordSearch Unlimited Free on iTunes
5. Slendr Last Week's Position: 1 (-4) I love those Slen Doctors. Pocket Full of Kryptonite! Slendr on iTunes
6. Bike Race Free Last Week's Position: 9 (+3) Bike Race Free pedals its way uphill! Bike Race Free on iTunes
7. Castle Story Last Week's Position: N/A This is the story of a castle, that cried a river and drowned the whole world. No, that reference never gets old. Castle Story on iTunes
8. Subway Surfers Last Week's Position: 8 (0) What's the difference between a subway and a train? Subway Surfers on iTunes
9. Contract Killer 2 Last Week's Position: 3 (-6) You folks are incredibly fickle when it comes to your contract killers. Contract Killer 2 on iTunes
10. Garfield's Diner Hawaii HD Last Week's Position: N/A When the hell did Garfield get a diner? Garfield's Diner Hawaii HD on iTunes
Ahhh, that's better. It feels great to get back into the whole charting thing, after last week's image-based slacking. Let's hope our servers are relocated to a flying fortress before the next storm hits.