Watches aren’t so popular these days. I certainly can’t think of a reason to wear one when my phone is right there in my pocket. But then I see slick-looking pieces like this Dead Space 3 one from EA and well, my phone seems like a piece of junk in comparison.
EA has this limited-edition treasure up on “Gear”, its merchandise store and while the pictures are impressive, the price is not. $US265, plus an additional $US55 for shipping to Australia means you’ll be out $US320, according to the suspiciously accurate Windows Calculator.
If it helps, it’s the same watch worn by the game’s protagonist, Isaac Clarke, a fact I’m sure will dismiss the bemused looks of your friends in those tense moments after the topic of price is mentioned.
Here are the specifics, from EA Gear:
- Copper Stainless Steel Bezel — resistant to corrosion and staining — and composed of 316L NASA grade steel
- Black Rubber Strap with Stainless Steel Buckle
- Carbon Fibre (Dual Layer) Dial
- Stainless Crown and Functional Protector
- Each Laser-Etched Backcase individually numbered, with Dead Space 3 Logo
- 47mm x 14.5mm thick Case
- Japanese 3-Hand and Date Quartz Movement
- 100m Water Resistant
- 2-Year Warranty on all watches with customer/repair service through Meister directly.
The page mentions shipping is expected to begin from February 25, though the date is subject to change without notice.