Arrowhead Game Studios’ 2010 action-adventure Magicka was memorable not only for its unique spellcasting system, but also for the hilarious accidental deaths caused by said spellcasting system. Now that Magicka: Wizard Wars exists, there should be a lot more of that coming.
Wizard Wars will be a PvP-only game, meaning that the focus this time around is to obliterate other players’ wizards in increasingly creative ways. To facilitate this mayhem, the elemental spellcasting from Magicka will return — bringing with it “some new tricks.” Here’s what publisher Paradox Interactive has to say about the game:
Magicka: Wizard Wars is a fast-paced action PvP game that utilizes the humour and dynamic spellcasting system of Magicka, tasking players to form teams of four and blaze their way across the battlefield together, combining elements to cast hundreds of different spells to generate a broad variety of offensive and defensive effects. Each player can design a persistent and personalised wizard with hundreds of unique items and guide them to glory.
- Fight intense 4-on-4 team battles by combining your own dynamic spells and wielding humour as a weapon
- Adapt your attacks on the fly to counter your opponents’ tactics and show your skill in fast-paced action
- Friendly fire is in full effect, staying true to the Magicka tradition of “accidentally” killing your friends
- Hardcore game mechanics, instantly approachable chaotic gameplay
- A new approach to PvP that only Magicka could create
- Indulge your wizard pride and get your Robes, Staves and humour of choice ready!
Currently, Wizard Wars is just about ready to go into Alpha — an Alpha you can sign up for right now. There’s actually a mini-promotion of sorts, where the more people apply to join, the more rewards players get; in-game items, more Alpha keys, even copies of the original game on Steam. Sounds good? Sounds good. So dust off those old wizard robes and off to the sign-up page with you!
Magicka: Wizard Wars Sign-up [Official Site]
The Cheapest NBN 1000 Plans
Looking to bump up your internet connection and save a few bucks? Here are the cheapest plans available.