Nothing plays on the TV screen quite as well as an alien race whose defining feature is cake makeup and contact lenses. Defiance's dorkiest extraterrestrials look much better as playable characters in today's 'Castithan Charge Pack' release.
The 'Castithan Charge Pack' is a two-pronged bit of downloadable content for the video game portion of trion and SyFy's cross-media extravaganza, delivering fresh content to all players and a little more to those willing to pay an extra $US10.
All Defiance players can access this stuff:
- New Charge Weapons — shotguns, sniper rifles and pistols
- Sieges — a new type of dynamic content mode that combines Capture-and-Hold control points with kill scores, as enemies invade various mission locations, forcing players to band together to hold them off
- New Monolith Major Arkfall — highly challenging arkfall event with a tough new boss and loot
- Military Academy — a new player-versus-player capture and hold map
- Duels Game Mode — challenge your friends online in one-on-one combat
- Additional in-game changes, including newly enhanced map, and new chat window
While Defiance players who've purchased a season pass or are willing to drop $US9.99 for the expansion pack premium content will get this stuff as well:
- Play as the alien Castithan Species — create a new character or change your existing one
- New Battle Arena Game Mode — an instanced single player "horde mode"-style game that opens up a new story mission line, Castithan Charge Blade weapon and in-game item
- Unique version of the Raptor — a new four passenger truck designed to help small groups of arkhunters to quickly traverse the terraformed Bay Area
- Unique Castithan outfit
- New Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system Achievements and Trophies
Previously, player characters in the game were limited to boring old humans and Defiance's magical Klingons. I'm looking forward to rolling a Castithan and trying to wrangle other players into familial group bathing.