In the last 24 hours of the year, I finally got around to making my top 10 list for 2013. As a special bonus, I’m including my list of shame for everything I didn’t get around to this year.
Yes, since I’m technically a video editor, I decided to do my top 10 as a video. Here’s the barebones list, in no particular order, for those of you who don’t want to watch a video:
- The Last of Us
- Battlefield 4
- Papers, Please
- Device 6
- Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
- Gone Home
- The Stanley Parable
Honorable mentions go to the two craziest games I’ve played this year, both with Leo: Tactical Intervention and Just Cause 2 Multiplayer.
Bonus: The list of shame
These are the games that I know I would probably like and didn’t get around to playing, or didn’t get to play enough of this year:
- Skulls of the Shogun — I didn’t get to play through this game, but I loved what I did play. If you’re into turn-based strategy, check it out.
- Antichamber — I have a feeling this game would make me want to smash my computer, but it also looks fascinating.
- Payday 2 — I’ve heard mixed things, but I was never able to get a crew together to play. I’m still holding out hope.
- Metro: Last Light — I loved the original Metro, and I really regret not getting around to playing the sequel.
- State of Decay — I don’t feel too horrible about this one since it was another of those surprise games that came out of nowhere, but I’d like to check it out at some point.
- Super Motherload — This game I really can’t play because I’ll forget to move or eat until I finish the game. I played through a bit and managed to tear myself away, I might go back to it to celebrate the new year.
- The Wolf Among Us — I’ve heard nothing but great things about this from friends, and I love The Walking Dead, so I’m looking forward to filling the time between Clementine’s adventures learning about fairy tales.